Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday-11:30am

Been very busy. Cut the colored paper I will need for another dozen angel bookmarks...that is what I forgot to tell you. The lady (Etsy) asked for a dozen more angel bookmarks! So now all the paper is cut for these and for the couple dozen birthday cards--tada! :)
Meanwhile--I washed clothes, finished the Soul Coaching book, balanced the checkbook, planned the budget, wrote out checks for bills, finished my 2010 Goal List, and am in the middle of watching Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. :)

Play Preview Times are changing for moody mammoth Manny (voiced by Ray Romano), motormouthed sloth Sid (John Leguizamo) and crafty saber-toothed tiger Diego (Denis Leary) in this third installment of the beloved computer-animated children's franchise. Life heats up for our heroes when they meet some new and none-too-friendly neighbors: the mighty dinosaurs. High jinks and hilarity ensue in this fun family adventure that's packed with celebrity voices.

Just needed a little break. Almost forgot to blog! I have been up since 4:30pm yesterday and am getting pretty darn tired. Heading for bed when I finish chatting with you. The dinosaurs will have to wait. :)

Also finally added some new string to Karma's wand toys. She was really jazzed and all "capture and kill" mode. Didn't think she could move this fast, did you? hehe! She was a blur!
This is a feathery, spangly cat toy that Leah made for her. Karma hasn't seen it for a long time, so it was particularly thrilling.
I try to remember to rotate her toys so she doesn't get bored with them.
Karma was at her post for dawn patrol. ;)
We have a winter storm watch over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day--Wednesday night thru Friday. Not good for all the people traveling. We're supposed to get 3-6 inches and south of us could get up to a foot. So--looks like it is going to be a really white Christmas. Will probably be very pretty for those of us watching it thru our windows--hehe! But I hope everybody travels safely.
Well--that's it for today. *yawn* Hope you are ready, or close to ready, for the holidays! :):)

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hope you slept well -

:)

Who'd of thunk Karma could move that fast huh? I wouldn't want be a moth or mouse and be pinned under her.

AliceKay said...

I hope you slept well, too. Snow storms during the holidays should be outlawed. (wonder who we talk to about that?)

Abby used to play with strings. She loved grabbing at my shoe strings when I was trying to tie my sneakers, so I took another pair of shoe strings, put in a couple of knots, and let her have her fun....me pulling on the shoe strings, of course.

It's been a long day for me so I'm heading for bed after a nice hot bath. It's bitter cold here tonight. (in the teens with wind chills in the single digits and that's cold for me) I hope you have a good Wednesday.

Rita said...

Hi Iggy!
Much better. During the day--but I am fine with that. Sleep is sleep. :)

If I were going to be pounced on by a cat maybe I'd want it to be a big old 20-lb cat so my death would be quicker--ROFL! ;)

Rita said...

Hi AliceKay!
I do feel badly for all the people trying to get to family during such bad weather. Being stranded in airports and bus stations--that has to be the worst. I hope they all travel safely.

Karma loves anything that even reminds her of a string. But--she chews them up and eats them! So I can't leave anything out that she might be tempted to gnaw on. I had a cat once that stole anything small and shiney. I'd find my jewelry in the cat box or dropped into the toilet! And another one who pulled the pins out of the bulletin board and plugs out of the wall with her teeth. Cats! Gotta love'em-hehe! :)