Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday-9:15am

Ever since the 20s and 30s have arrived for our faux spring in Fargo, Miss Karma has been begging to go out--repeatedly. She meows...
...and then sits looking outside with her ears back. Repeat until human responds appropriately. Well, you know I couldn't resist the crafting opportunity all that newspaper on the floor presented.
Got out the stencils and the walnut ink mister.
Which got me thinking...hehe! I had never made up the six empty mister bottles that came with the Shimmering Mists I bought from Luminarte (http://www.luminarteinc.com) last March (yes--I looked up when--hehe!). I know...I know...can take me such a long time to get to things, but I eventually do get around to the various projects and goodies. :)
I had to shake and shake and shake the bottles for a long, long time to get the mica incorporated back into the liquid. Then I made up the spray bottles with about 3/4 water and 1/4 of the shimmer--and labeled them. So here's my entire collection of spray mists.
Leah, they have now taken over the oval box on the craft turntable. Water misters are separated. :)
I did some vacuuming and scrubbing using Shaklee with a scrub brush and rag. (Still very wet in this picture.) Everything but those two main indentations cleaned up pretty well.
I don't last long at all on the floor with my bad knees and hips--so I'll keep working at it little by little. But I do think maybe I need to let it dry again and buy some of that spray carpet cleaner and try that. And we may be able to borrow or rent a steam cleaner? Just have to experiment. But I think I may have to kiss my damage deposit goodbye--ROFL!
****
Today I am washing three loads of clothes. Beyond that--we'll see how the day goes. ;)
****
Karma--she'll be asking to go out on the porch to eat snow and smell the air. The snow has been retreating...
...into interesting tiny wave forms.
Like mini versions of the cool ones on Dagan and Leah's deck.
Right this moment--Karma has fallen asleep by the porch door...waiting for me to get done on the computer...hehe
****
Just a minute, Karma! ;)

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Karma cracks me up. LOL

Leah said...

It actually looks a lot better with just Basic H, I'm impressed! :) That looks so cool! Using those stencils like that and the spray, I bet their easy to clean too, we could make a bunch of those... ;)

Serena Lewis said...

I have found laundry detergent mixed with about half water and half vinegar helps get out stubborn stains.

Awwwww....Karma is so sweet!

Rita said...

AliceKay--Me, too! Every day! :)

Leah--I was surprised at how much I got up pretty quickly (you know I don't last long). Yes--they clean up in a flash! Just rinse them off! :)

Serena--I am definitely keeping the vinegar in mind. Thanks, lady! I am glad for any hints with this mess. :):)

Serena Lewis said...

I add laundry powder/liquid (just a tad more than the same amount you would normally use in a basin if you were washing clothes by hand) into a basin of warm water and vinegar probably about 60:40 in ratio. I gently dab it into the stain and then lightly scrub. Then I just just paper towels to absorb the moisture back out of the carpet. With a larger stain area, a clean, light-coloured towel would do the trick. Good luck!

Rita said...

Thanks so much, Serena! I sure hope we can get this mess mostly cleaned up at least. I'll have to wait until Leah/Dagan come over. (My knees and hip still hurt from the very basic scrub job I did. Sad!)