Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday-10am

Wherever I am sitting, if she wants to be scratched, Karma will use my foot. Always has since she was a kitten. Here I was sitting in my computer chair--minding my own business--hehe!
I guess she has always figured any of my appendages will do. (In fact--I can scratch her with the remote, a pen, corner of a book, or whatever is at hand--she is not fussy.)
She has trained me well. I have gotten into the habit of occasionally "petting" her or giving her a little "scratch" with my feet as I go by. Since I move slowly and always know where she is, she trusts me never to step on her. [Except if I am cooking in the kitchen and my focus is elsewhere and I am not up to dancing about her writhing body. Human training has its limits.] So she sprawls right in the hallway or anywhere she can be underfoot--hehe! Trusting that I won't step on her. What a safe little world. No wonder she is leery of company--those humans who do not hold her in such high regard. ROFL!
****
On those very painful mornings when I slide a leg out from under the covers and over the end of the bed and then lie there a second to work my way up to further movement--guess who quickly comes for a pet from the foot dangling in the air--and makes me laugh?
****
And since it has been so warm (supposed to creep over 30 again today)--guess who is actually looking for bugs on the porch!? The snow isn't even gone! And I thought I was optimistic! ;)
****
Have a giggle today on us! :)

12 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow hun. I think you are going to have to change your type color. I wasn't able to read your post!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Rita said...

Hi Deanna,
Wow! Do you have trouble reading colored posts? I have been using colors on my posts forever. Have you had trouble reading them before? This is a dark purple I have used many times. I am going to have to ask if other people have had trouble reading my posts. I have never had anyone say they couldn't read the posts before. I will go change it to black and please tell me if you can read it.

AliceKay said...

Karma is a wonderful companion for you. (she has you trained well) LOL

Cats are very smart animals and they bring a lot of warmth and happiness into a person's life.

Leah said...

teehee! so cute! I love my kitty pals and their funny antics too. :-)

Serena Lewis said...

Rita, your description of getting out of bed sounds like me. I get a lot of aches and pains and, some mornings, I have to ease myself very slowly to standing position and then walk very carefully 'cos of the pain in my feet. I put it down to aging but...my mother suffer Rheumatoid Arthritis and she started showing symptoms around my age...plus it can be hereditary. Of course, I'm not saying I have it but I do wonder sometimes.

Cody loves to get a pat or a scratch whenever we pass by. :)

Rita said...

AliceKay--
They're supposed to lower your blood pressure, too--if they're behaving, of course--hehe!

Rita said...

Hi Leah--
So you are a critter lover, too! I am trying to do something creative almost every day. So glad you stopped by! :)

Rita said...

Serena--
Did you ever look up plantar fasciitis?
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/plantar-fasciitis/DS00508
I was told I probably got mine from years of jobs where I stood on my feet on basically cement floors. It is especially bad in the mornings!

Cody is a little sweetie! :):)

Intense Guy said...

I have trouble getting out of bed too - its called, "the weekend was way tooooo short i-tis"

:) This weekend was too short too- working Saturday really puts a dent in things.

Rita said...

Working Saturdays really does make for a blink of a weekend. I remember those days well (retail for me). I know Leah is glad to only work every other Sat now rather than every Sat. Makes a big difference! :)

Serena Lewis said...

I've heard of plantar fasciitis but I'm pretty sure I don't have it. The whole of my feet ache in pain whereas the pain for plantar fasciitis usually hits from the heel under the foot. I will probably end up going to the doctor if it gets any worse though.

Rita said...

Serena--Yes--I saw from your sketch that it is the bone by your big toe that hurts the worst. Ouch! I do think you should go have it checked out, tho. When something doesn't go away--and you have had this for some time--you should see if they have any solutions, remedies, or answers as to why? I hate to go to doctors, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet--hehe!