Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday-5pm

87 degrees. Thank goodness for whoever invented the air conditioner!
****
Because it got hot fast, we've had storms passing thru. Hen egg to baseball size hail west of us and there's a huge area tornado watch till 10pm--including Fargo. But it doesn't look bad here right now at all. Sun trying to break thru the clouds that have lightened up considerably. But it's very windy and we have more storms coming our way, I guess--another round. We've been very lucky, I guess. I should probably finally go move PitaPaseo into the garage. She's has several good rain washes--hehe!
****
Well--Lost...???
****
Spoiler alert! Don't read any further if you haven't seen it yet and don't want to know.
****
I am still not sure what I think about it and I'm not even sure I'm glad I taped it. (But I will probably watch it again later on--aftr I mill on it for a while.) I think there will be a lot of people upset because they didn't tie together all the craziness of The Island, the Dharma Initiative...well, none of all the craziness and clues over the last six years. They were in a purgatory type place, so I guess they didn't think they had to? Funny. I was pretty convinced they were in purgatory until they started the sideways lives and all the mythology. Then I got so totally confused...and convinced I was mistaken. Excited and hoped it would be explained some other way since they promised to tie up all the ends. Nope! I wanted to be wrong, because the whole 6 years being a kind of "dead and in limbo" thing did seem like a cop out--and even moreso when you could take it ALL as only in Jack's head if you wanted to. That said--they did deal with the emotional resolution of many of the characters (but not all). I think there will be more people upset over this ending than with The Sopranos finale--hehe! I am still milling on it. They left soooo many unanswered questions--even if it was a purgatory type answer in the end. Even knowing that--many things still make no sense to me. And going back and watching the entire series knowing that--wouldn't help, you know. Kind of like back when Dallas was just a dream for a year or whatever it was. Oh well.
****
Avatar, on the other hand, was absolutely awesome!!!
****
Disabled Marine Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) travels to planet Pandora to become an avatar, ingratiate himself with the natives and help Americans mine lucrative unobtainium. But he finds himself in an interstellar conflict after falling for Na'vi warrior Neytiri (Zoe Saldana). James Cameron writes and directs this Golden Globe-winning CGI odyssey that has broken box office records. Sigourney Weaver and Stephen Lang co-star.
****
Even tho I didn't see it in 3D (which-sorry-I dislike because it is so hard for people with glasses to watch with those 3D glasses you have to put over your regular glasses)--it was amazing! It made me remember how I felt when I watched Star Wars for the first time. I actually clapped and startled Miss Karma with my hooting! It brought tears and triumph--hate and love. You want to live on Pandora! It was the best movie I have seen in a long time. AND it had a message, too! I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it, so I'll leave it at that. :):):)
****
Well, I guess I really should go move the car. :)

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

I haven't seen Avatar yet, but my son is on his way home (well...home from where he lives the rest of the time) and he's bringing it with him (i hope). Looking forward to seeing it. :)

I hope the tornadoes stay a long ways away from you and your loved ones. Will keep you in thoughts and prayers.

Intense Guy said...

I kept waiting for Pamela to run to the shower and find Bobby in there and say, Oh, its all been an awful dream at the very end of Lost....

:)

AliceKay said...

"Bobby" plays on "The Bold and the Beautiful" now as Stephen Logan, Sr.

Rita said...

AliceKay--I'll be curious to see what you think of it when you get to see it! We were saved from the really bad weather, thanks!! :)

Iggy--Ha! Sounds like you watched it, too. It was like--what the heck!? Jimmy Kimmel had a special that night. I don't usually watch him but I made a point of it because he had a lot of the cast on. They did a spoof of a spoof--remember when Bob Newhart woke up in bed after this dream he had owned an inn....well, they had him wake up in bed with Kate! So funny! :):) I am STILL lost with Lost--ROFL!

Toriz said...

I like storms. Not tornados, but storms.

See, I said Avatar was awesome! :)

Rita said...

Toriz--I still love storms, despite the fact I was in the junior high science fair in 1965 and watched the roof blow off the school gymnasium in sections--and then walked home in between tornadoes avoiding downed power lines, pieces of buildings, and scattered belongings. I still am absolutely enthralled by thunderstorms. But when there are tornado threats, I make sure I have rubber-soled shoes on and my purse nearby--just in case. Oh--and I put Karma in her stroller. ;)

maria said...

I loved the kitten i love animals, it is your house? if it is very beautiful

Rita said...

Hi Maria,
Yes, I am always showing pictures of my cat, Karma, and take pictures in my one-bedroom apartment. Sometimes I have pictures of my son and daughter-in-law's townhouse and their two cats, too. Thank you for the compliment. I'd be glad to have you stop back any time. I wish I knew how to get a translator on my blog. I will look into it. Have a happy day! :)