Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday-6am

Well, I'm still awake. Been up all night. Was heading toward dawn this week, anyways. All it takes is not feeling up to par for a couple nights. Nothing new, of course. ;)
****
Anyways, yesterday I my two orders arrived! The first came USPS from galleryleather.com--my 2012 desk calendar!
Just what every OCD organizer needs. ;)
And then my order from scrapbook.com came via UPS.
As Karma investigated the packaging...
...I checked out the order.
Prima A4 paper pads: Romantique and Botanical. Never bought this size before. Never bought a pad online, as a matter of fact. Have always wanted to see and feel the paper, but I took a chance. Pretty papers!
I wanted to try some other brands of misters because all I have are radiant rains and a walnut. Got a set of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (favorites) and a Ranger's Perfect Pearls (heirloom gold).
And--tada!--a few more stencils! These are the Prima floral and butterfly stencils. I saw them for $12 on Amazon and here they were $3.99 on sale! Awesome!! I think they are only around $5.99 regularly.
I saw these small plant stencils...
...but had no idea that...
...they were all connected at the bottom corner like some kind of swiss army stencil--LOL!
On the package it shows what each one looks like. I think I need to separate them. Much easier to use and clean, I think.
There was a problem with the one mist bottle in the set. The apple (green) had leaked. So, while I was cleaning the bottle off...
...Karma was thinking about trying to climb into the flat box.
She changed her mind. Not sure why. She's tried to push her way into smaller boxes than that but...
...it was her afternoon naptime, after all. ;)
It didn't appear to have leaked from the nozzle? Cleaned off the bottle...shook it to stir up the mica...the bottle leaked...from the base of the cap. Took the cap off and dried off the threads and closed the cover tightly...shook it...the bottle still leaked from the cap. Karma couldn't sleep. Finds me compelling when I am actively frustrated.
I put the bottle with the others, went to email the company to explain the story with a picture, and Karma immediately went back to sleep.
I wish I could sleep like Karma does. ;)
****
Anyways, I hope they don't expect me to pay to ship the set back. :( I'll let you know what they say.
****
You know I am not feeling up to snuff if I haven't even tried any of the new toys. Maybe after I sleep...if I can sleep well. Maybe I'll try a pain pill again. *sigh* I'm not complaining...just a little tired of the round the clock game. Been there. Done that. Too many times--LOL!
****
This too shall pass. ;)
****
Hope you are having a more restful weekend...like Karma. :):)
****
“O Sleep, O Gentle Sleep, Natures Soft Nurse, How Have I Frightened Thee, That Thou No More Wilt Weigh my Eye-Lids Down And Steep My Senses In Forgetfulness?”
William Shakespeare

24 comments:

DJan said...

What a bummer that it leaked like that. Nothing is ever easy, is it? I do think the stencils need to be separated, as they would be WAY too hard to use all together like that. I smiled at the Swiss Army Stencil idea. :-)

Hope you can sleep soon!

giddy up said...

Rita... I hope you get to feeling better so you can enjoy the fun stuff you just got. Karma does look like she is having a grand time with the packing materials... Hope you have a good day and feel better. Karen

Gwen said...

You have lots of lovely stuff to play with there. I am sure I have got those flower stencils...you have reminded me and I must have another play with them,if I can find them.
I do hope you get some sleep tonight. Enjoy playing with your new toys:)
I shall look forward to seeing what you do with it all... :)
xx

Teresa Evangeline said...

"Steep my senses in forgetfulness." I Love that. I hope you're sleeping peacefully as I write this. Karma's face, as she looks wistfully at the flat box, still hoping for a way in, I suppose, is so funny and sweet. You look to be set for some fun. I hope it's pain free and well-rested.

TexWisGirl said...

hate that you can't rest! yes, karma has the better situation!

hope you get a new bottle sent out pronto! and i laughed at the 'swiss army' comment. :)

Beth said...

I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight Rita! All things look better after some rest.

I hope this day is good to you.

Hugs,
Beth

Rubye Jack said...

Karma Karma Karma!
I'm sorry you're not feeling to well Rita and hope it gets better for you soon.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. Hopefully Karma will send a little sleep your way to help you recover while you rest. The package of goodies looks like it would yield hours of fun!

Friko said...

It's so awful not to sleep. My new meds turn me into a zombie and I sleep well at night at the moment. Mind you, I am pretty dozy all day too, which is not good.

Hope you get a refund for the dodgy merchandise.

AliceKay said...

I hope you were able to get some sleep after posting this. Karma needs to tell you her secret.

Lots of nice things to work with, but oh so sorry to hear you have a leaking bottle. Hope the company corrects the situation without further expense to you. (it was their fault, after all)

Feel better soon. *hugs*

carol l mckenna said...

Fun toys ~ Creative ~ do hope you will get some rest ~ develop a mantra eg. 'Om" and focus on the repetition to put you to sleep ~ Imitate Karma ~ she will teach you ~ she keeps life simple ~ sending you healing Reiki energy to help you sleep ~~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor)

Celticspirit said...

Ya, know....I don't think you'd have to send those inks back. Just email that picture to the company and they will probably replace the leaky one. That's what I've done in the past...not with inks but other things. It's worth a try.

betty said...

How neat with the new date book; kind of cool to have it all empty, pristine until you start filling it up with appts, etc. Can't believe we are in 2012 almost! 2000 was just yesterday it seems!

betty

Rita said...

Thanks everybody! Getting well wishes from my blog family has truly made my day. You all surely do warm my cockles!! :):)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the picture of Karma looking into the box like she's going to fit her fat bootie in there. She has now become my all time favorite cat and surpassed Garfield. I haven't been feeling well either so I feel for you. I've been fighting off something (cold or allergy? I don't know) and I've been tired a lot since I'm taking cold medicine and allergy medicine since I can't really figure it out. I've got the head stuff like a cold and then I also have burning eyes like an allergy. Yesterday it felt like I had pepper in my eyes. Today it is a little better so I went out and ran some errands. I got my boys hair cut and they look more like young men now than mop tops. I also went to Joanns and walmart and now my feet and legs are killing me! I don't know where all the people come from but it was like going to the fair on 2 for 1 day. It was insane! I did buy my first Christmas present though. I'm not really supposed to buy anything since Chris is handling Christmas but I had to get him a little something. He always says not to get him anything but I got him some cozy slippers. Now I don't think I'll move until Monday.

Carol C said...

What fun that Christmas came early for you!! I hope you feel up to playing with your toys tomorrow. My mom used to say, when we couldn't sleep, 'Just close your eyes and rest.' I hope you at least can do that tonight!

PS> Karma cracks me up!

Carol said...

I love your cat!!!! SHe is so big and fluffy

Queenie Jeannie said...

Big hugs!!! Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping again! I haven't been getting enough sleep, but I have been sleeping so I'm not going to complain.

LOVE your new toys! That paper is gorgeous and I especially love the romantique!!! Stencils are fabby and I look forward to seeing what you make with them. Major bummer about your green mister. I hate it when stuff arrives damaged! I'm sure that they will take care of it for you! Maybe even send a new package and let you keep the old??? *fingers crossed!*

Karma is such a dear!! I love your cat!!!!!

Carolyn Dube said...

Happiness in boxes! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the differences between the different spray inks!

Desiree said...

Sorry I'm late, Rita and even more sorry to hear sleep has been evading you again. I know it must be bad, because you're never blue and I did sense a shade of blue in this post. I wish you could sleep as easily as Karma does too. She does make it look so very easy and comfortable. Oh, she truly is a gorgeous kitty. I'm sure you've tried letting her lie right up against you so you can feel the steady rhythm of her breathing and gently stroke her to get yourself to relax (lowering your blood pressure)? I know that if I'm feeling a bit uptight or emotionally low, my mood lifts so easily when I settle beside any of our six dogs and gently stroke them, especially their ears which are so very soft. I find them tremendously comforting at all times. This series of pictures of Karma are marvellous. She is such an expressive cat, both in the way she looks at things and in her body language. I can't imagine you'd ever feel lonely with her around!
I am so excited as I've ordered a copy of Dulcy's Story. I can't wait to read it! You should consider writing Karma's story. You already have an instant following in all of us. I hope you'll have a much better chance at sleep tonight. Big hug xoxo

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

oh rita...i hope you're feeling better by today...and maybe getting some sleep.
what a drag about the leaky bottle. hopefully they'll offer to just replace the leaky one...and you won't have to send anything back!!

you have so many NEW crafty things to play with...so feel better quickly...so we can watch you play!!

cutecutecute karma!! or should i say...KuteKarma!

Serena Lewis said...

Lots of goodies there for you to play with when you're feeling better. Such a pity about the leaking bottle....that's my kinda luck. Guaranteed, the item I pick off the shelf will be the one that has a problem. lol

Feel better, dear friend ~ xo

Intense Guy said...

I think Karma sensed your distress and was offering you first crack at crawling into that box... she probably thought she was being sooooo nice.

Mmmph.. that leaky bottle would torment me too - I hope it gets replaced... and I hope YOU get feeling better soonest.

Toriz said...

That's a very appropriate quote for me right now!

Hope they're helpful about the leaky bottle and don't expect you to send the set back.